Monday, September 1, 2008

What about your FRIENDS?!?!?! (Pt.1)

Ok, I know. I was supposed to be blogging 30 times and 30 days, and I fucked up. I missed not 1, but 2 days!
WTF?!?!?!
On a positive note, my baby is back (he spent the weekend @ Grandpa's), and I was out doing stuff so I could have shit to talk about.

On Saturday, Nake invited me to a dinner her aunt Diane was hosting at this spot called Churrasceria Plataforma. I got there, in my .99cent flip flops,and immediately felt like a loser. I should have at least changed into my $10 flats. (you ever have that feeling?) Still, I plowed on, was led to that table, (and a group of 14!), and after watching folks in awe, proceeded to have enough meat to feed Woodside, Queens. (don't know why I chose Woodside, but I ate a lot - do you get THAT?!?!?)

So, after Nake texts me that she got me on the meal (GOOD LOOKIN', NAKE!!!), cause I don't know WTF is going on up in here, and neither did she, I stop saying no to the waiters who keep coming up and asking me if I want to try a piece of flank steak, or some sausage, and start to EAT. Alls I can say is thank goodness I did not wear my girdle or any restrictive stuff, cause lawd have mercy! I felt my arteries clogging as I ate, and was like "fuck living long..I'm eating, bitches!" I should have enjoyed the meal more, because then...
the bill came.

Shit was 1345 dollars. And some cents.

I'm sure some folks will be like "that's all?" Not me. That is rent.

So after the bill is paid, with more "that's my mortgage, son!" type comments, Nake and I bid adieu to the group, and we go downtown to meet with Shandalu, my roomie at Temple University. Shanda and her Bff, Poo, are in the city to hang out, and as I haven't seen Shan in a few years, I am excited.

We meet up with her at a bar near the Hotel Gaansevort, and she is with Poo, and two white chicks, R and E. R is an old friend of theirs, and E is a friend of R's. I won't bore with all the details, but suffice to say Nake and I were entertained by the antics of Shan and her girls, and really made me think about the friendships I have vs. the friendships other folks have.

My friends WIN! All the time, hands down!

Afterward, Nake and I were discussing the fact that we would not be Natalie Holloway-ed (google it), because we don't do that. Never have, after 15 years of going to the club together, have I EVER left my girls to leave with some dude, ESPECIALLY one I just met. Maybe my man, and he would take my girls home too. Seems to me that all squads don't have the same rules.

Gave me lots of food for thought, and for say, the 1millionth time, made me reflect on how blessed I am to have friends who have my back. (even when I am extra crazy, which is often)

Sunday, I go to a friend's bbq. This is the "punk ass" friend I referred to in an earlier post. The one who hurt my feelings. Clearly, we made up...kinda. I'm still kind of annoyed, but missing talking to him more than being annoyed at this point.

Nake, G ,big booty T, and I went to the bbq. On the way there,I started getting MAJOR cramps. Uh-oh...Please don't come, period. I am usually glad to see it (a sista is irregular), but I did not want it to put a damper on my fun, so I was hoping the cramps were the calm before the storm.

On the way, drinking mojitos and talking shit, I started to feel a bit worried. I was so busy being annoyed with my boy that it hadn't occured to me that he could be annoyed with me for being annoyed with him. What is he acted stank? It WAS a possibility.
(insert fearless act here: I STILL went, even though I was nervous about how he would react)
Luckily, he didn't.
Gave me a big hug, and I felt welcome. Chatted with some of his boys, one of whom is attracted to Nake, (even though he said nothing to her), and one who I just met, but who I liked (he seemed nice), and he was ca-yute! LOL!

After a few Henny and Cokes (what made me drink that? Who knows - I needed something strong to fight the cramps), I was feeling no pain. On the line to the bathroom, this young'in tells me I remind him of "that girl in the movie with Beyonce and the 3 girls". I had no effin idea what he was talking abount, until the ca-yute friend says "dreamgirls?" He meant Jennifer Hudson.
I get that isht sometimes. Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott... Dude proceeds to tell me that he likes "thick, natural girls". Too bad he was like 21, cause the way I been feelin lately, I would make that boy put his strong, young back to good use! ;0),

Soon, it was time to go. On my way out, telling my boy we were leaving, one of his assistant coaches grabs my hand, calls me "big green" (umm... my dress was teal, and "big green"? FUCK you, bum bitch), and is talking shit in my ear. I had to ask my boy to rescue me. During the rescue, the youngbuck is like "you're leaving?" I had 20 seconds of feeling like THE SHIT!!!! LMAO!
(even if they were both wack. As attention deprived as I am, I enjoyed the moment) We go back to BK, were dropped off at Nake's, where Nake and I had a nice convo about men and how we don't understand them.

I love my BFF. She understands how my mind works, and STILL LOVES ME! LMAO!

I forgot to mention that my boy, P, had asked me to bring some condoms for his nephew who is off to college. (go ahead,M!!!!) So, I bring a baggie of different types of condoms, do a hand off to P in the middle of the cha cha slide, and he immediately gives it to the nephew. He introduced me to the boy, and I was kind of embarrased! Do I need to be knows as "the condom pusher"? Still, safe sex is the best sex, so M, use the condoms wisely and well. Live long, fuck well, and prosper, young brother!

Today, the GP's drop my baby off, and we go to have some steamed fish and sit in the park. At the end, they come in to pee, and see an assortment of condoms on my damned table. (Stupid me forgot to put them back in the bag) I felt compelled to explain why I had so many condoms, and I KNOW I looked stupid when I tried to explain. UGH!

Fuck it! But still... I don't even get any! (well, I get some, but not nearly enough - another story for another time, but if anyone knows someone...HOLLA!)

Sometimes, there is no way to clean some shit up...... Everybody haaates Eve....

No comments: