Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you....

But I did.

It all started when my broke ass lost my internet connection because I didn't pay the full bill. Yeah...shit is real out here. I paid enough to make sure my son had Noggin available at all times, but not enough to ensure I had internet access. So, I had to rely on the generosity (or ignorance) of my neighbors and their wireless, to my own frustration because the connection sucked, and that of the roomie, who is a techie, and who is paying for internet access as part of the rent.

For weeks I relied on Dominique, and Jahaysha, and the other wireless networks around the way to be able to check my email. I tried a few times to post, but each time I lost the connection, and started writing in books, on receipts, or whatever, and didn't even check in. No one reads anyway, right?

That's wrong, though. I ain't doing this for anyone else. I started it for my own sanity, to feel purged, to have a release for some of the feelings that threaten to constantly overwhelm me.

So, in the last few weeks I paid Time Warner for the right to email without depending on the neighbors, and have written 30 something entries in my paper journal, but I have been too lazy to type them out. Random thoughts or things that occured to me in Duane Reade, walking down Broadway, on the LIRR...

Still, this is the time of year that I reflect on what was, and what will be, so the next few posts will be old entries. You gotta go back to move forward sometimes....

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Hey, I read! And as soon as you give me permission I will shout you on in my blog faves.

But for real, as long as you write and get it out isn't that all that matters at the end of the day. The release of pain, love, joy, amusement through the orchestra of words. I LOVE IT! Keep it up, girlie!

Eve said...

LOL!!! G'head, girl...maybe my story can help save someone else....

tiajones said...

Hi There,

My name is Tia and I'm an editor at OpposingViews.com, the debate website. Since we both cover technology issues, I thought I'd drop you a note. I would've e-mailed you but I couldn't find an address.
See, we're currently having a discussion about whether or not the Internet should be free. You can see it here:
http://www.opposingviews.com/questions/should-the-internet-be-free
Although vetted experts are the ones doing the debating, anyone can contribute by choosing a side and posting comments about the experts' arguments.
Check it out and, if you have the time, let me know what you think at tia@opposingviews.com Thanks!